Monday 9 April 2012

Hope Mondays

That deep emotion washes over me yet again, Thankfulness, if that word can really capture the sense of the gratitude that fills my heart. I am always and will always be in awe of the great sacrifice that was played out over two thousand years ago, just for me. In the wake of disaster we feel the immediate relief to be the ones who are not in the place of those who were "less fortunate" and a deep grief at the pain of another, and yet I wonder in all our days, have we ever really thought of the magnitude of pain that our Savior must have carried for each soul, each person born and unborn, the torture that we must have ultimately faced had He not taken our place ? Have we thought of the price He payed for each of us ? Often times I think we forget.
On that day He saw the whole of humanity, through all time and space, and saw fit to be the one who carried the just punishment for our sins.
I think one day a year is not enough, all of eternity is not enough to say thank you for that kind of LOVE.
In my opinion the best way to say thank you is to treasure that gift is to each and every day treasure it.

That day when the sky turned dark and the day became as night for three hours, when the son of God the Savior of the world took the wrath of the righteous judgement of the creator of the universe.
We became forever free, free of the entanglements of mortal living and fleshly desires.
He became as we are so we could became as He is.
He willingly came for God to turn his back on him in his righteousness at the sins he carried, our sins.
And became the doorway for us to run into the Fathers arms and suffer no shame ever again.


5 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. 46About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[c] lemasabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
 47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”
 48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. 49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”
 50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
 51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
 54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”



Amazing Love how can it be, that you my king should die for me,
Amazing Love I know its true and its my joy to honor you, in all I do I will honor you.



Photos via pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.
I love to hear from you, my dear readers.