Thursday 23 May 2013

Extraordinary Beauties

via
Having finely gotten a snippet of time out of busy life to actually type a post here, its almost strange fingering the keys, that same old opening of a vein. looking inward. I suppose that's what I have grown to love about blogging, its more for my own growth than anyone Else's, and for personal clarification.
Its funny now when I look back and remember how terrified I was to post something personal. Now I cant imagine these words not coming from the heart.

Life can be so monotonous,
get up & > prepare for day  > lunches  > coffee  >  breakfast  >
Work in one way or another, at home or out in the big bad world > evening meal often times rushed > try and relax or catch up on trivial details  > bed > Sleep or not. Repeat.
Every part of life is mostly rote. Doing the same thing you did yesterday and the same thing you will do tomorrow, that's just how it is. Sometimes I think how tragic it all is that every person on this planet does in part nearly the same. Were all on separate journeys,  following thorough the lines of destiny, but on that journey we do in part a lot of repeating. I believe that that destiny was created by Loving heavenly father who personally crafted a good life for every human alive. But that doesn't change the
every day living that mostly doesn't change. I was a bit younger when I realized this, we repeat the same 12 months and the same 7 days in a week, we eat mostly the same thing and do normally the same things. I don't know why but realising that life wasn't some amazing quest like in fantasy stories hit me hard. This is life. It looked a little bleak.
 But as I have grown physically and spiritually. I see now that God uses the little things that in the natural can be monotonous to be the most amazing things.
via
Every day I open my eyes and see, it has been that way since as long as I can remember. I'm privileged to gaze at the same sky, that same sun, admire the same trees in that same yard. hear that same bird call.
I see the same family that same face in the mirror staring back at me. And yet every time I hear a bird call it enthrals me like its new to my ears, and when the light catches the trees and bathes them in gold I forget everything but that beauty, no matter how many times I have see it done. Do you see what I mean ? I am greeted by the same faces I so long ago have memorised  and yet every day the are newly imprinted on my mind, there characters and the mutual growing and heart aches that humans share in. there the same family but every day they are new to me. Life around me, like time moves but there are things that remain and the ritual of life is one of them. no matter how we place it no matter where we are or who we are with we will do in part something of the same thing. but theres all these other spattering's of colour that if we are too absorbed in the boring we miss, life's still an adventure, a mystery perhaps theres not dragons at every page and we may not be the most amazing heros. but if you look you will see the exciting life blends in to the usual and if not looked for can be drowned by the screams of normalcy. We live our lives working toward that elusive and none existent someday. In hopes of life being better.  All the time growing a bit tarnished by the world, by dashed hopes and unrealised dreams.  If we ever find the someday, (a bit  like finding the fountain of youth or Shangri -La) We may not recognise who we have become. Its the little things that we do the same every day that can make life well, boring. As humans we more often than not feel disquieted and unhappy with life. I will be honest and say I have been there all too often. its this attitude of disquietude that makes us unable to see the mystery around every corner. the smoke screen over every heart, the questions that need answers in others eyes. The unstudied flower petal, crashing waves in your ears. The piece of art that has not yet been discovered, those words that haven reached your eyes, the voices of people you love. Adventure is everywhere. you just have to be patient and you will find it. Patience is a virtue and the hardest of the virtues to cultivate. we live in a fast world, that advocates speed over the long way around. We want to be where we think the party is not knowing all the steps it took us to get there. I have entrusted my life to my Heavenly Father. I believe he holds my destiny and has a future thats exceedingly abundantly above all I can imagine. It doesn't change the everyday rote, but it makes a restful heart knowing that everything else woven into my human existence is going to be His plan and it will be wonderful. Its little things, I keep saying it and will continue to for ever,
 its small extraordinary beauties disguised as ordinary things that colour our stories. we just have to see them. So from now on I shall endeavour to post here about what I discover. I would love to know your simple beautiful adventuresome lives. Leave a comment and tell me about what extraordinary beauties surround you that are disguised as ordinary.



7 comments:

  1. Sometimes life can be hard, as we do the same things over and over. but I think it takes a bit of crativity to look at it different and see every new thing happening. That's what makes it fun and new.

    I liked your post!

    Also, thank you for your comment! I agree about series seven of Doctor Who, it was wonderful. I liked it a lot. Even though it was sad saying goodbye to the Ponds. And I just love Clara. It annoys me that a lot of people want her to be bolder or not so afraid. I don't think there's anything wrong with being scared sometimes, and it isn't like she runs and hides when she's scared. She still helps the Doctor, which I think makes her even braver.

    And, I too am VERY glad we didn't learn the Doctor's name. I like him being nothing more than the Doctor. I think it would take away too much from the show if we know his real name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right theres nothing wrong with being afraid sometimes, as long as you push through it and dont let it grip you. And thats what i like about this character she doesn't let it get her, and she's not too high and mighty to admit it either. Thanks for your comment !

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blog! I just found your blog and I can already tell you have a way with words!

    -Leah Kathryn
    apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My goodness thank you so much, this is the greatest compliment I can receive.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rachel! I don't know if you read my last blog update, but maybe you are aware that I have been hinting of a surprise on my blog? Well here it is! My blog, Fullness of Joy's 2nd Blog birthday this week, and in celebrating I am hosting a blog party to thank all my readers, celebrate those two years, have fun together with tags and also challenge each other to be more committed in challenging and uplifting one another as sisters in Christ and writers too through what we write and comment on in our blogs :D. I hope you can join, especially since you follow my blog, I'd love it if you can join in the tags:
    http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/balloons-o-party-announcement.html

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful post, Rachel. I've often thought of these things - there is a lovely quote which I am fond of from The Hobbit movie, and it goes like this (Gandalf says it): "Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love..." :D

    By the way, I don't know if you read my last blog update, but maybe you are aware that I have been hinting of a surprise on my blog? Well here it is! My blog, Fullness of Joy's 2nd Blog birthday this week, and in celebrating I am hosting a blog party to thank all my readers, celebrate those two years, have fun together with tags and also challenge each other to be more committed in challenging and uplifting one another as sisters in Christ and writers too through what we write and comment on in our blogs :D. I hope you can join, especially since you follow my blog, I'd love it if you can join in the tags:
    http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/balloons-o-party-announcement.html

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I understand everything you say. All the little things that are around me make me so happy. When sunlight hits the trees ... omg, I do not know how to describe the incredible feeling that it provides. I'm so happy to find such a beautiful blog like yours. Love, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.
I love to hear from you, my dear readers.