Monday 19 September 2011

Hope Mondays.

Psalm 37 Part 1.

I love love love psalm 37, its so packed full of beautiful promises, today I'm only going to pick out those that will give your and my hope a boost.

v3.
Trust in the Lord and do good.
then you will live safely in the land and prosper.

v4. Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

v5. Commit every thing you do to the lord and He will help you.

v7. be still in the presence of the Lord trust and wait patiently for Him to act.

I was reading the first verse the other morning during my devotions time, and I was wondering how do we do good ? Its not hard to trust in the creator of the universe but how do we do good ? I asked the lord to help me understand and as I re read the first verse the words jumped of the page at me, trust in the Lord and do good, we can only be good by trusting in the Lord and His finished work that He completed at the cross and feed securely on His faithfulness. The next verse says to take delight in the Lord, well How do we do this ? The dictionary defines delight as a high degree of pleasure and joy, the word pleasure means an enjoyable emotion as that arising from gratification of good.
We take joy in the Lord knowing He has gratified us us through gracious pleasing. He is our gratifier through what Jesus did for us at the cross and we are joyful and thankful, thats the natural reaction when someone does something good for us, we take pleasure in that person we are thankful, we praise him and he gives us our hearts desires.
 I love verse five and seven. Our Father always has our good in mind, He doesn't send all the bad in our lives He sends the good, when we place everything in our hearts our dreams our plans our desire in His hands and trust in His strength and not our own, He makes us succeed, and when we wait on Him he will act in our lives on our behalf's.
Take today and enjoy the lords love for you, it doesn't matter what you see on the outside His love is strong enough to cary you through.
He loves you.
Keep hoping.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, Hope! It was an encouragement to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.
I love to hear from you, my dear readers.