Saturday 22 October 2011

AUTUMNS WINDS

What is it about autumn that makes warm feelings surge through me,
thoughts of walks through the newly painted nature, being chased by the chill in the air but unwilling to be hurried on by it. Lovely colors that seemingly imitate those found in the sun. fireside evenings filled with warmth and enjoyment. quiet rainy days. All of these come to my mind when thinking of autumn, and all of these things make me treasure fall and its warm colors and flavors. I have relished in autumn, as I do every year and yet I seem to never tire of it.
But there is one thing I love in particular that I just had to write about today.
As I write this I'm looking out the window facing me, the sky is filled with beautiful violet grey clouds for certain a storm is on its way, the branches on the tree in our back yard is being tossed on the wind. Can you guess what it is I'm writing about ? Wind, wonderful wind, that unseen thing that tickles you softly and gives you the feelings of wings to fly, wind that mischievous child that doesn't mind tangling your hair or causing one to shiver. I love watching the wind though unseen on its own  giving us clues to it being here, like the way it catches the falling leaves scattering them here and there, bring colors of autumn to every corner of the street on which I live. The way the branches of the trees get caught within its grasp and move as if in a graceful dance moving to and fro. Can't you see it swirling twisting flowing everywhere all around us, the most beautiful invisible gift we have, WIND the word in its self inspires within me a sense of awe and mystery, its probably because I can't see it that I have a relentless fascination with the wind. If only I could capture the great sense of feelings I get when imagining its beauty, is that possible ? Perhaps that will be my great task, thats something to ponder on isn't it.
I hope you are enjoying your autumn, I would love to know your favorite thing about autumn or perhaps you have some fascination with something nature related, I would love to hear about it.
        Blessings

7 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Hope! Hmmm... my favourite thing about autumn? Well, it would probably be the colours... taking pictures of them that is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...I love the wind. Running on a path with a long, full skirt on...I love that part of autumn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Hope! :) You have touched upon [quite possibly] my favorite thing of Autumn: I call it my Gypsy Wind...it's a certain breeze that stirs the crimson in my veins and brings a certain snap into my step and vigor into my eye. It bids me toss caution to the wind and go a'wandering. *pleasant shiver*...if not the Gypsy Wind, my favorite thing about autumn would have to be the absolute intensity of some of the colors. Autumn is such a regal season, and in a good autumn leaves are not red and yellow and brown. They are shimmering gold, blood-red, royal purple, bronze, blushing-rose....so many many shades we give pat names to. Thanks for posting, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hope, I love your blog!

    I am having a photo contest over at my blog creativelythinking.blogspot.com
    And I was hoping (hehe no pun intended) that you would enter! The theme is reflection.

    Love in Christ,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hope,
    I love your blog. Just absoloutely love it!
    I was wondering whether you would enter my photo contest I am having over at my blog, creativelythinking.blogspot.com
    I would love it if you would join, the theme is reflection.

    Love in Christ,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel you have said it very well, the Gipsy wind is a very good way of putting it. Eve I too love the colors I find them so inspiring to try and capture. Emily full skirts are the best. Anne I would love to enter your photo contest, I'm always happy to hear someone enjoys my little space of the internet
    Blessings to you all
    Rachel Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. One of the things I love about Autumn is its cool temperatures. Clear blue skies, cool breezes and a lack of bugs is refreshing after the oppressive heat of summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.
I love to hear from you, my dear readers.