Monday 25 January 2016

This gift of life


It's like a first breath after being dead for so long. Washing over the soul in reviving waves. The WORD Gods words oh how sustaining they can be. I don't think we realize how starved our spirits become in this taxing and trying world, we rush and worry and do everything but the important things. I often wish we could glimps the state of our spirits that lay hidden within, I fear we'd find emaciated little creature, in place of where life and fullness should be. 
Tiredness is a killer to the souls of humanity, the spirits suffer far worse though for this is something forgotten, laying inside believers like a untapped oil well. 
Riches and beauty and goodness all have been placed inside us without measure, every gift given through the Holy Spirit we let waist away. 
Putting my eyes before life for the first time in a long time, has been that reminder, oh joy that leaps from deep inside my heart as the words though familiar cause my strength to return. I hate to write it here but we've all let our daily walk fall away, lately moving stress, so many excuses can be made, yet I'm destroying my own success when I skip the one thing that will make my life limitless. This walk daily in the nourishing soil of the Word is all I need, yet becomes expendable. Why is the solution when time in thinly stretched from task to task to let go that most important ritual that's better for you than eating. 
The spirit of a man will sustain him... Prov 18:14 
Remember this and your chance of success becomes not just a chance but a hard and fast fact, as solid as the foundations of the mountains but stronger because of where the life comes. He created the mountains and this ground is unshakable our bedrock won't ever fail. This is a note to my self and to all who care to be rid of that sinking and defeating feeling that seems to wrap its arms around us in a dreamy languid sort of poison as if we had taken a sip of hemlock to quench our droughty thirst. And have been in an state of unconscious death ever since. 
For our spirits can't die, do we truly want to subject our own wellspring of life to a weighty and endless torture. Its hell for our spirits on this earth. For absence from the father and life, his glory and his love is hell, something a very special person died to keep us from.
Don't let the pressure of life keep you from his gift of life, fix your eyes upon the word even if just tiny bits. 
His words never go without effect.
 This is my challenge and my resolution, to never let my spirit go a day without feeding on life. 

Title and lyrics by hillsong united 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.
I love to hear from you, my dear readers.